cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Hey from Minnesota!

Hey everyone! I’m so excited to join these forums I never knew they were here! I’m a former REI employee and have been a member for somewhere around 5 years I’m not exactly sure! My boyfriend and I love the outdoors we’re out camping, biking, hiking almost everyday. We’re part of the MN hiking club and Passport Club and are working on finishing both of those programs this summer! I can’t wait to share and hear experiences from others!! 

9 Replies

👋🏼 from one Minnesotan to another! Our State Parks are so great, though lately I've found myself staying closer to home with my county parks. More to do with logistics of a potty training toddler than quarantining...

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Hi @Steph_Keen_ - Welcome to the community! It's great to hear about all of the activities you and your boyfriend like to get out and do. Those clubs especially sound like an incredible way to spend the summer.

We hope you'll take a look around the camping, cycling, hiking, and State of Minnesota boards, which are great places to share your expertise, tell stories, and ask questions!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're happy to have you here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Welcome from another member of of the Frozen North (not so frozen right now)!  These forums are amazing and I love to hear how active you and your boyfriend are.  Looking forward to swapping MN adventure stories with you! 

Keep Calm and Paddle On

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I just want to add that Aside from the usual camping hiking and biking we do I also am a practicing artist with photography, painting and hopefully getting into sculpture! I love incorporating nature into my works and would love to exchange ideas with other artists or people looking to get into it! And I have also worked in the MN ski industry for around 5 years and would love to be able to hear people stories or help out anyone with questions in that area! I’m so excited to be a part of this! 

@Steph_Keen_ - Thanks for sharing this and the other amazing responses you have just posted across the community! If you're keen to share, it'd be amazing to see some of your photos or other art here. I was a full-time photographer for years and still really love capturing fun shots while out roaming around. I'm always happy to talk about the subject, project ideas, etc. You should also take a look at this beautiful project that another community member shared recently about protecting wild places

We're just as excited as you are to have you be a part of this and hear of your adventures to come!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hey @REI-CarterC , "If you're keen to share..."  I see what you did there.  😁  (and I rhymed. HA!)

Hi @Steph_Keen_ !  My company has one of our HQ offices in Hopkins, MN, and I've been out there a few times, until Covid shut down travel.  I always try to visit a park or trail, or other wild place any time I travel on business, so, next time I head out that way I know who to reach out to for some recommendations!

Welcome to the Forum!

@REI-CarterC of course I have a instagram with some photography on it, I don't have any paintings posted there, but I am working on adding more photos to it this summer! I have so many images to go through from the last year! I have done a lot of work in 35mm film and have about rolls still needing to be developed! 

https://www.instagram.com/steph_keen_photography_/ 

@Steph_Keen_ wrote:

And I have also worked in the MN ski industry for around 5 years and would love to be able to hear people stories or help out anyone with questions in that area! I’m so excited to be a part of this! 

Well I can share my story of how at the ripe old age of 28 I had the biggest wipeout the ski instructor had ever seen on the bunny hill at Lutsen! We had won a 3-day ski and stay package from donating blood: I hadn't skied since childhood and my wife had never been, so it was an adventurous (re)introduction to the sport for sure... We're a bit better now, though far from expert, and most times we stay local at Afton or Welch. Hoping to introduce our little this coming season, we tried this past winter and she was okay with stomping around in her 16.0 boots just fine in the house but hated every time we clipped into the skis.

We're very much a biking family, and I now work at a bike shop, so I'm happy to share my knowledge and experience in that realm back!

0 Likes

Hello! I would love to know more about this Passport Program, can you share a link to more information ? Maybe we can get something like this going in our area 🙂

0 Likes