cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello, world! from Harrisburg, PA

So, the subject is an old reference to an early programming exercise. My education and career are in IT.

I enjoy being outdoors, particularly hiking. It's a great way to get away from the daily grind. I've been putting a few miles on my Oboz Tamarack shoes every week. 🚶‍♂️ But I do miss being with my hiking friends. 

The other outdoor activity I enjoy is running. Although I'm not setting any records. 😀

I'd like to get out canoeing or kayaking, but don't have either. I should make an effort to check out some outfitters. 

8 Replies

Hi @JDS15 !  Welcome to the forum.  Nice to see someone from the same general area as me.  I live downstream from you, near where the mighty Susquehanna empties into the Chesapeake Bay, and I frequent trails around the river, both hiking and biking.  I also kayak on it, and many of its tributaries.  

0 Likes

Hello, @JDS15! Welcome!

I really did try hard to keep running with the C Programming Language reference but I just couldn't quite figure out how to work it in there. Oh well, just know I appreciate it! Welcome!

John 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I really did try hard to keep running with the C Programming Language reference 

++1

...Wanderer

@JDS15@Rob6 

I also want to connect you all with @jmpeck2 as I believe they are also from central/eastern Pennsylvania. I know a while back they were looking for some advice on snowshoe trails. It's probably a bit late for that now (we still have a ton of snow on the ground up here in Alaska) but maybe you could swap some trail ideas anyway.

Great to get everyone connected!

0 Likes

@REI-JohnJ !  I think I may be offended!  I am from the Old Line State...Maryland!  The people who are obsessed with their flag.   I just visit Pennsylvania from time-to-time.

Rob6_0-1587518815710.png

Just kidding.  I'm not in the least offended.  Just messing with you and my neighbors to the north.  😃

@Rob6 HA!

Given the distances from one place to another in Alaska you all look like you live next door to each other to me!

0 Likes

As a fellow Pennsylvanian (not far from where you live), Pa has a lot to offer as far as trails, parks, rivers, forests, etc.  There are a number of hiking clubs. Take advantage of them when the time is that we can do so.   I think a number of us miss our hiking friends. It's just not the same hiking without them. 

Welcome to the forum! Cheers!

0 Likes