cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Salem, Oregon!

Hello there! I'm Kate and I'm 26. I love hiking, camping, rock climbing, yoga, and going on road trips. I joined this community so that I can get to know other awesome individuals who love the outdoors. Although I was born and raised in Oregon, I still haven't seen everything its beautiful nature and landscape has to offer.

Does anyone have any hiking or location recommendations?

I also would love to make some new friends. Hiking or camping buddies would be great!

It's nice to be here! I look forward to getting acquainted with some of you 😀

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Barefoot_Wanderer 

Welcome to the community!

Although I'm a bit north of you in the Seattle area, some of my first outdoor adventures were in Oregon as I grew up just a few miles from the border with Washington. Although it is a bit of a trek from Salem, I cannot recommend the Wallowa Mountains and the Eagle Cap Wilderness enough! One of my favorite things about Oregon and Washington is the incredibly diverse landscape: you can drive from the beach to the mountains, through old growth forest, and into the desert in a single day!

We're glad you're here in the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hey @Barefoot_Wanderer - So excited to have you here in the community! I live in Vermont, but can definitely relate. I am also always on the lookout for cool, new places to explore, as well as great people to do things with!

One place I remember from a visit to Salem years ago is the Bridge and Orchard Loop. Have you spent any time roaming around there? I loved it! Climbing, kayaking, and photography are my favorite ways to spend time outside. I moved to Vermont in January and have definitely used those activities as a way to meet people during these times. 

Looking forward to sharing with and learning from you in conversations going forward. We're happy you're here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes