cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Rene (in CT)!

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Rene and it is my first time here and looking forward to all the knowledge that is available !03875A44-32C4-48E5-A708-AAB0160FB531_1_102_o.jpeg

4 Replies

@Howcanihelp 

Hi Rene! We are so glad you are here. Welcome to the community!

This is such a great spot to share your knowledge, learn from others, and enjoy a community with other people who are passionate about the outdoors. Looking at your incredible username, we cannot wait to learn from your experiences and hear your stories!

Seeing people's photos is so much fun. Thank you for sharing yours - snow, lights and what looks like a ski run in the background! That's definitely an incredible spot. What area are you from? Do you have any outdoor activities that are you favorites? We hope you take some time to look around/respond to some of the conversations that are already here and also start your own in whatever section you like! 

Again, we are so happy to have you here and look forward to sharing ideas and experiences going forward!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I am from West Hartford, CT that picture was taken at Manchester, VT we were staying about 10 miles up the road BUT lol it was a HIPCAMP with just wood stove and that night the owner said he couldnt believe we spent the whole night it was 3 degrees and 10-15 below 0 with wind chill factor it was Jan 24, 2021. We like traveling and seeing the gret outdoors whether its frigid or hot

@Howcanihelp 

So amazing! Manchester is such a great spot. I live in Burlington, but spent time down in Dorset and Manchester this summer. So many amazing little places to explore around there. Hipcamps are always such a great way to see places a bit more off the beaten path. Love to hear that you managed to stay through the cold night. Wood stoves are simply the best!

We have a few other community members from Connecticut. @sdpb@Ecwalklet@Musikjunkie@norwalkriver@kkrul - do you all have any great winter outings in the area that you could share with Rene? 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes
0 Likes