cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from NYC! :)

QAPQBg_CDyPvOj2ROAJhqs1MyYDS9rYDfPGzLP_3h58nvEZqt.jpegkPkjIbc-AZev0RPub7pKswOFXCmumblleb5GLZVWINUnvEZqt.jpegHello REI World! It's so great to have a community like this for the weird and wild ones who are passionate about the outdoors. My name is Cyrus Blades, I like to hike, backpack and camp. Very into ultralight minimalist backpacking. I enjoy using my hammock a lot!  

I'm also into snowboarding, surfing, skateboarding, BMX, and mountain biking. I love Jeeps and the whole jeep community. I'm always down for new activities and exploration, so feel free to talk to me about anything. I'd love to learn new things and share experiences with new people. 🙂 

-Cyrus
1 Reply

Hi @CyrusBlades - Thanks so much for the introduction! We're so happy to have you here.

Your enthusiasm and passion for the outdoors has been so evident in the threads you have already started. That has been great to watch and be a part of. There are certainly other ultralight backpackers here in the community that you can ask questions to and share your expertise with. @NWIhiker@OceanMotion@BreeLean@ClimbEveryMount@hayescary@Snofzig - another fellow minimalist/ultralight backpacker has joined the crew!

You also saw how interested people are in backpacking gear from the thread you started on Jetboil vs PocketRockets. Being involved in so many activities, this will be a great place for you to get feedback from a group before heading off on new ventures or getting new gear, as well as share your stories once you're back.

I also noticed that you put Killington as your favorite outdoor place in your profile! I moved to Burlington a few months ago, but Killington was home before that. I lived up on the mountain and the immediate access to the outdoors never ceased to amaze me. Have you spent time snowboarding there, biking, or both? 

Again, we're so glad found and have joined this community. Welcome! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes