cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from North Idaho :)

E2B815B7-7F41-4467-B7C4-62FB07772762.jpeg

My name is Christina and I love all things outdoors. Hiking, Kayaking and camping are my favorite things and now I’m leaning to fish too! 

Up until last summer, I backpacked and tent camped only… I still do BUT I bought a tiny teardrop trailer …. big enough for my dog and I and began solo camping trips.

I have great gratitude for the solitude and the beauty of the outdoors.

I live in beautiful North Idaho and am surrounded by some of the most beautiful country in the world for hours and hours in every direction.

It is my goal to see every National Park while I am able to travel. Last year I took my tear drop to Crater Lake National Park, this year it’s off to Glacier National Park and next year either Yellowstone or Bryce. In between, I explore all of the wonders of the Pacific Northwest. 🙂

Looking forward to learning from all of you 🙂

2 Replies

@Luvtogo - Welcome to the community! 

Wow. It's incredible to hear about all of the activities you like to get into. The teardrop trailer sounds absolutely incredible. I used to live in a great little van, but always loved the idea of teardrops because of how fun they look! Do you like how it has handled on your travels so far?

Every national park is an incredible goal! You may find this conversation on how many national parks members have visited a fun one to read through and add to.

We hope you look around all of our different boards and groups (many of them align with the interests you've talked about) and find some fun places to add in or ask your own questions. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're happy to have you here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Congrats on living in North Idaho, where year round outdoor activities are many to be experienced. 

My adventures of living in CDA, and exploring beyond, filled many buckets on my list. 

Though there may be a desire to let your dog run free on the trails, keep your dog leashed. 

it only takes a second, to loose a dog to an accidental drowning crossing a log jam*, injury off the trail, or surprise a protective momma bear with cubs. 

*: Personal experience near Priest Lake. Many tears, never to be forgotten, or ever to put my dogs at jeopardy again, while in the backcountry. 

Enjoy your North Idaho experience.

0 Likes