cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from New Hampshire!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Carissa and I'm very excited to join the REI Community.

I am interested in spending time outdoors and connecting with others who have the same interest. I'm also interested in learning from each of you and hearing all of your recommendations on gear, locations, meet-ups, seminars, trips, etc. 

I enjoy running and just completed my first half marathon

I enjoy hiking I am working on my 4,000 footers here in New Hampshire; 8 completed thus far 

I would like to start getting into some winter activities such as winter hiking and snowshoeing; this is very new to me and would love some mentorship

Hope to hear from you soon,

Carissa 

3 Replies

@CarissaCournoyer welcome to the community - we're excited to have you here as well! Congrats on finishing your first marathon - which one did you do? I ran my first (and only) marathon years ago in San Diego - such a great feeling of accomplishment!

We look forward to your questions and also the expertise you can lend to others here in the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi @CarissaCournoyer - So happy to have you here! I am Vermont, so its great to 'meet' new people from nearby. Love to hear that you are working on the 4,000 footers. Just this past weekend some friends and I were up in the Green Mountains looking over to Mt. Washington and some other impressive New Hampshire peaks.

There are seemingly endless opportunities for winter hiking and snowshoeing around here, so I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun in the months ahead! Have you been into the North Conway REI store? In addition to the people here in the community, the team there will have lots of suggestions for places and gear to make the best of your days out in the mountains. You might also find some useful info in the thread Looking for advice on beginner snow shoes. 

Looking forward to sharing advice and stories with you. Welcome to the community!  

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Nice to know you, @CarissaCournoyer 

Welcome to the community. 

0 Likes