cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Lyme disease central in NE PA

My name is Steven. I live in rural Northeast PA. Bad tick summer. I and 3 of my friends are being treated for Lyme disease. 

This is still a beautiful place. I love kayaking on the creek near my house and playing ping pong and volleyball with friends.

3 Replies

Hi @StevenF - Welcome to the community!

Eesh! I'm sorry to hear you and your friends have all dealt with a bad tick summer. I'm up in Vermont and we have them bad up here too. Fingers crossed you finish this season without any more issues!

As a kid I lived in Gettysburg for a while, though never got out on kayaks while there. Pennsylvania is a gorgeous state and I've always really enjoyed my time there. Do you have any favorite places to get out into nature, either in PA or elsewhere? 

It's amazing to hear you are able to kayak by your house — and ping pong and volleyball sound like great fun! If you are keen to share your stories, expertise, or questions, the watersports board might be a good place to start a conversation, as well as the various Pennsylvania boards. We also suggest browsing the different boards and seeing if any existing conversations seem like good ones to join in on. It would be fun to hear from you!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're happy you're here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hoping for a full recovery!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Hello @StevenF !  Wow, that bites....good luck!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes