cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Jacksonville, FL - finding new areas to hike, paddle, and photograph

Hi everyone, I'm Melanie.  I enjoy kayaking, paddling, and hiking, but I consider myself a beginner in all of these activities because I don't have a lot of experience in any one of them.  Hiking has become my newest hobby and since I actually live in Middleburg, the Jennings Forest and Green Cove Springs have been where I have received most of my trail experience.  I look forward to finding new areas to explore and photograph.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@SweetMel_904 - Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this introduction with us!

Being a beginner in many activities can be such an exciting and rewarding time. Hopefully your ventures in kayaking, paddling and hiking have been enjoyable and taught you a lot so far. You have found yourself in a great place here in Conversations to connect with others, ask any questions you have, and share your own stories and experiences.

The Hiking, Watersports, and North Florida boards and our Outdoor Photographers group will be good places to look through and post anything you would like to discuss with others.

I am a photographer myself and really love seeing everyone's different outdoor experiences here. If you're keen to share, it would be awesome to see some photos you've taken of your days out on the water or hiking!

We're happy you're here in the community. Thanks for joining!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.