cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Irvine, California

My name is Rick and I'm 73 years old and just getting back to cycling after a 10 year hiatus. I'm trying to get back into shape and control my weight as well as get some exercise. I'm schedule for duel Total Knee Replacements as soon as the hospital opens back up and the riding is about the only physical exercise I can do. 

My bike is a Co-op CTY2.1 and so far i've been very pleased with how it handles. The area I live in has all kinds of bike trails so as my endurance improves I plan to explore more of the trails.

0 Likes
2 Replies

@jochumr 

Hi Rick! Welcome to the community. We are so glad to have you here!

This community is a great resource to ask all of your questions, tell your stories, and share anything that comes up regarding these activities we all love. It's wonderful to hear you are getting back into cycling and that you like your bike. There are other community members that also have the CTY 2.1, so if you ever have questions about it, we have you covered! 

There are many people here that are from Orange County and the greater LA area. You might want to take a look at the Los Angeles area board to see what people are talking about near you. @OChiker, you have another fellow Irvine resident here! Do you have any trails or biking path recommendations to share with Rick?

We wish you well with your knee replacements and hope that biking continues to be a great way to exercise and get outside for you!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thank you.