cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Houston!

Hello everyone!  I love exploring parks but I've recently gotten into hiking.  I had the opportunity to visit Yosemite NP earlier this year and I fell in love!  I'm going on a NPs tour next month!

2 Replies

Hi @explorer126 - Welcome to the community! 

You have found yourself in a good spot to ask all of your hiking and exploring questions, as well as share your stories from your amazing trips! If you're keen to share, it'd be great to hear where you are going on your national parks tour. You might also find it fun to read through this recent thread that asked which national parks people have been to

I lived in Houston for a long time, so know that it's fun to find great places close by too. Have you ever made your way over to the Hill Country or Big Bend? That second one is a far trip in and of itself, but the park simply blew me away with how incredible it is!

We hope you've found our hiking board, which has lots of useful and fun information. Please weigh in when a topic interests you! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're glad to have you here.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you, @REI-CarterC !  I used to live in Hill Country before relocating to the H-town!  Big Bend is on my bucket list but I haven't had a chance to go there yet!