cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Colorado

Hello!

I have been an REI member since 1989.  I have been an avid backpacker since the early 1970's.  I have had the privilege of backpacking all over the world, including living and working in Nepal for 2 years as a Peace Corps Volunteer where I climbed Kala Patar, Gokyo and hiked all through the Khumbu/Everest region and many other places.

I have always had a special love for the Rocky Mountains and I'm grateful to still be backpacking here 50 years after getting started with a canvas pup tent and pair of "waffle stompers"!  LOL! 

Jeff

2 Replies

@jlh1958 

Hello Jeff!

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself! We have a good group of folks from Colorado here in the community, you'll find yourself in good company around your home state. If you happen to live near Grand Junction, we have another user, @Former community member looking for a hiking buddy! We will be sure to tag you to tap in to your expertise if we have questions about Colorado or Nepal. Thank you for telling us a little bit about your tremendous experience!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hello Jeff,

I also live in Colorado—Durango.  I used to hike a lot and loved climbing peaks, but due to having Parkinson's disease, I am no longer able to enjoy being on top of a mountain.  I have been using my hiking poles trying to learn a bit about Nordic Pole Walking, and think it is time for me to purchase a set of Nordic Walking Poles.  I am hoping that there are others in the Durango area that I can connect with to pursue this.

Enjoy another gorgeous day in the wonderful state we call home.

Cheryle

0 Likes