cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Cleveland Ohio

40 years old. Veteran. Lived 4 years off grid in Tennessee. Homeless and trying to get west to see great white sharks

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi @216hillbilly216 - Welcome to the community! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

On your profile you posted that you're trying to get out west by hiking. Hopefully our hiking board will have some good tips for you, as well as the backpacking and camping boards. Great white sharks would definitely be an incredible thing to see.

We're glad to have you here in Conversations. Welcome!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

If you want to see the Great White Shark from land, I recommend Point Reyes National Seashore. Watched one chew on a Grey Whale for over an hour.

Get to California quick. They have lots of benefits for homeless folks. Hell if you get a shot you might get a million dollars. They're going to start sending out $600 checks to everyone soon, if you are a resident.

I was able to see one i believe by big sur from land. That only fueld the passion more. Since i was a wee tike ive just love sharks. I can recite facts before most of the tv shows do. And thats not seeing that show prior. I guess im a bit of an adrenaline junky cause the 2nd plane i was ever in, i jumped out of. Courtesy of the army. I only have 2 bucket list items. One is seeing the red moon waterfall in Yosemite. I can do that on my way to swimming with a white. I survived 4 years off grid in the smokey mountains in Tennessee. I have no time frame so ill take my time and check out various other things. I feel at 40 years old its time to go before I cant. Im currently homeless living day to day anyhow, why not go. 

I appreciate your suggestion. Man that must've been a sight. Thank you for sharing. 

Im not a west coaster. Not my style. Think ill stay west but more inland like Arizona. Love me some sand box and that salt river is one of my fondest memories.