cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Chicago

I'm excited for this community and the potential to make connections. I am a recent-ish transplant here from Florida, currently missing the sunshine and water based activities. I've been camping for as long as I can remember, picked up a love of hiking somewhere along the way and have now been backcountry hiking/camping for the last 4 years. My best friend and I are currently on a quest to visit every National Park. 

Labels (2)
8 Replies

Hello from Chicago

@NicoleH hey and welcome! We're so glad you chose to join our community - just a few days ago, we had another new member introduce themselves from Illinois - @Keeys! You might also check out the Chicago board in our community to see who else is chatting over there!

I spent a few years in the Chicago area while finishing grad school - learned to run in really hot and REALLY cold weather! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hello from Chicago

Welcome, @NicoleH - there's a few of us Illinois types here. I'm in the Western 'burbs myself.

It's a great community

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Hello from Chicago

@NicoleH 

well hello from a little south of Chicago, you should check out one of the newest national parks, Indiana Dunes National Park, about an 1 1/2 hours from Chicago depending what part of Chicago your living at, or you can head south by me and check out Kankakee State Park.

Hello from Chicago

@Keeys I love the dunes, I actually made it out there within the first couple of weeks of it becoming a National park. I'll have to check out Kankakee, I made a lot of weekend road trips this summer to not get cabin fever in my apartment, but that one didn't end up on this list. 

Hello from Chicago

@NicoleH If you head down here in warmer weather and you don't mind getting your feet wet, hit me up before you go, and I will tell you how to find this little spot, most people don't know about it.

Davis Creek 2 edit.jpg

Hello from Chicago

Hi @NicoleH and welcome. You must of had a good reason to leave this awesome weather here in Florida. I was just up in your area last week... too cold for me lol.

Hello from Chicago

It was partially a career move, partially for **bleep**s and giggles. Florida is beautiful and warm but, in my opinion, a boring place to live.  

0 Likes

Hello from Chicago

@NicoleH 

LOL...what part of FL were you in? If I had to guess, I'd say panhandle.

0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category