cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Buffalo, NY!!

Anyone else in Western or Central New York and have any great fall hikes recs??

7 Replies

@alyciami Welcome to the community!

We have a few folks who are in or near New York state who might have some good recommendations for you:

@TomIrvine @Kato1953 @Ben_Vrackie @Wanderer  Any thoughts here?

Hopefully this gets you some ideas!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Try Hunter's Creek park in the Town of Wales. There are many trails to choose from. And it's gorgeous there right now.

thanks!

You must check out the gorges around Ithaca and Watkins Glen. Absolutely incredible. Also Letchworth State Park - miles of hiking through the "Grand Canyon of the East". This website is a great rescource for hiking anywhere in New York State: cnyhiking.com

Glad you've joined us.

A picture of my family hiking the Cascadilla Gorge Trail in Ithaca to get breakfast in Collegetown near Cornell University.A picture of my family hiking the Cascadilla Gorge Trail in Ithaca to get breakfast in Collegetown near Cornell University.

I actually went to college in Ithaca and am semi-familiar with those trails! Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Spraguebrook Park in Sothern Erie Co. has a nice trail that follows the contour of a ravine system. Hunters Creek Park is also another favorite near East Aurora. Iroquois Wildlife refuge can be a blast during spring bird migrations.

There are also some good trails around Ellicottville.

The Western NY Mt Bike Association (WNYMBA) is a good resource for local trail conditions. They also do pretty much all the maintenance on trails around here.

Thank you! I will definitely be checking these out!

0 Likes
Join the community
Other boards in this category