cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello from Bucks County PA!

Hello! I'm a New Jersey girl, now living in Bucks County PA, and new to the REI Community. I love nature and being outdoors - biking, hiking, kayaking, horseback riding, and taking photographs of the beautiful things I see along the way. I'm looking forward to connecting with people from NJ and PA and learning about new parks and trails to explore. 

(Shout out to the awesome folks at REI in Lawrenceville, NJ who just helped me pick out a new bike rack and install it - you folks are the best!)
6 Replies

@Smiles4Miles from a fellow (but former) NJ girl, welcome to our online community! And so glad to hear our Princeton/Lawrenceville team was helpful with your bike rack selection and installation. 

Growing up, every few months my dad and I would venture up to the Mohonk House for a bit of day hiking and scrambling - where are your favorite spots to bike, hike, kayak, ride horses and take pictures in/around the NJ/PA area?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi @REI-JenK! One of my favorite places to hike, bike and take photos is Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA. I normally go horseback riding in the Poconos, but would love to find more local places to do that and rent kayaks.  Have a great day!

@Smiles4Miles I spent many summers in the Poconos - sleep-away camp!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi @Smiles4Miles .

Welcome!  I'm your neighbor to the south, in Maryland.  Since you list biking as one of your activities, I wanted to let you know about the Central Bucks Bike Club's annual Covered Bridges Ride coming up on October 10.  I have done it a couple times and it's a really well planned and executed event.

Enjoy!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Thanks for the info on the Covered Bridges Ride @Rob6 , I'll definitely check it out!

0 Likes

You might even see me there!  😀

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes