cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hello, Connor here

Hello, I'm Connor A., and I love the outdoors! I worked for REI for a few years in Tricities, WA, and in Tacoma, WA, full time while helping out in many clinics from big outdoor brands. I've hiked over 200 trails in the PNW; rock climbed outside in many states from 5.7-5.13b for 10 yrs now, then had created a fun, social outdoor rock climbing group in Boise, ID. Also, I have done multiple multi-pitched routes for climbing, and with that, I had a good time climbing with Alex Honnold and his family a few times in 2019. Mountaineering is also something I enjoy, and I have summited most of the PNW peaks and will finish the rest this year, 2021. I've snowshoed for 15 years, Kayaked for 15 years, and skied for 20 years, including making many backpacking trips. Lastly, I do landscape photography on the side to show the beauty of the outdoors to people. Opt outdoors and I would love to connect and help out.

Connor Andreasen
2 Replies

Hi @candreasen101 - Welcome to the community! Thank you so much for sharing with us how you have spent your time in the outdoors. There are some impressive achievements on your list, as well as what looks like a strong dedication to getting outside!

This is a great place to share your knowledge, exchange stories, and discuss any questions or plans you have for upcoming trips. There are many people here who enjoy getting out and doing the same activities that you shared. We hope you take some time to look through the different activities boards and see what is of interest. It was great to see you posting already on the climbing board! 

What peaks do you have left to complete this year in the PNW? If you're keen, you could add them to the post on goals, dreams, and plans for 2021. There is a some fun excitement and camaraderie in that post!

Thanks again for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're excited to have you here and look forward to the conversations ahead!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Hello, thank you. I do enjoy the outdoors and learning more all the time. I really like everything on here and more so for help I can receive. Far as left to complete for summits I have South Sister, Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier Borah peak. I'm trying to summit the rest or the 7 peaks of the Northwest this year and starting in another month.

Far as normal hikes I want to do the glue glacier trail, Mt. Olympus possibly, sahale arm, Marmot lake and Hidden Lake lookout. Climbs I will be doing is Mt. Constance and Mt. Cruiser.  

Connor Andreasen