cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Greetings from Annapolis MD

Avid hiker, backpacker, caver, kayaker, motorcyclist, Jeep off roading, camping, and exploring. Goal include. Finish the AT, do the PCT, visit Colorado, West, Canada, do the Camino Real, explore Europe and Asia. Languish on some South Pacific islands. 

3 Replies

@johnshaw65 - Wow! That is quite an impressive list. Reading it made me think of the 2021 goals, plans and dreams post that is a lot of fun to read through. You might enjoy taking a look at that thread and adding a few ideas of your own.

There are many people here in the community that have shared about those topics that you listed, so we hope you are able to connect with them to delve into those areas a bit more. We look forward to hearing your stories going forward. 

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're happy to have you here!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hello @johnshaw65 !  Nice to see another Marylander here!  I'm a bit farther north than you, in Harford County.  Like you, I hike, kayak, camp, and Jeep.  While I don't have a motorcycle, I ride a pedal-driven bike.  I've done some minimal spelunking, and am looking forward to some bouldering.  A little sidelined right now, but should be back to 100% very soon.

You've got a pretty ambitious goals list.  Hope you're able to accomplish all, or at least, most of them!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Thanks for the replies, and I am looking forward to joking other threads. In regards to goals. I’m just not used to using these modern forums. Grew up in Mont. co MD. Hiked and biked the C&O canal quite a few times. Great Falls and Caderock were a strong part of my teens/ twenties, rock climbing and rope work. Lived (almost) at Assateague, and hung out on all the state parts in MD, as well as Shenandoah and yes, Franklin West Virginia. I’m older, wiser, and better off financially so I have quite a few trips and plans. I spend a fair amount of my time as a vol FG / EMT, so have an extensive background in rescue, rope work, and EMS. I’m looking forward to meeting new people who have similar interests. Thank you for your replies, and thanks REI for setting up these forums. John

0 Likes