cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Excited to Join from Oakland!

Hey Everyone!

I just found out about this community and wanted to introduce myself.

I've always loved the outdoors but found excuses to not prioritize spending time outside. Thankfully that has really changed for me over the past year.

Hiking, camping and swimming are my joys!

I'm located in Oakland and for a living I help people who struggle with pain regain confidence in their body and improve their quality of life.

If pain is holding you back from enjoying the outdoors I am happy to share more

2 Replies

Hi @DrewVZ - Welcome to the community! We're glad you're here. 

It's amazing to hear that you have found such joy in hiking, camping and swimming. The Bay Area is certainly an amazing place for those activities! Do you have any favorite local spots that were key to getting you outside in the last year? 

We moved your post to the Introduce Yourself board since it seemed like the perfect place for it, but it's great to see that you have already found the Bay Area section. The hiking and camping boards are also very active and can hopefully answer some questions you have, as well as be a place to share your own stories and know-how. 

We're happy you've found us and look forward to the conversations ahead! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome 🙂

I recommend checking out secret valley loop in walnut creek, its gorgeous, especially now everything is so green!

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

  

0 Likes