cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Dora says hello from Georgia!

I figured being a newly minted hiking enthusiast, Spanish speaker and short-hair-don't-care advocate, "Dora" was very fitting..

Hola, como estas ?? I'm Dora 😄  Although I've been a fitness enthusiast for some time, I've only recently graduated to the level of tracking my walking/running distance pert outage (three miles a pop in case you're dying to know), and have decided to take my love of the outdoors to the next level.

I used my Christmas work bonus to gear up at REI and am now ready to hit the trails. While I've got a group of folks to explore the North Georgia hiking paths with, I realize being so new there's going to be a huge learning curve to becoming a seasoned hiker. If anyone out there has some hot tips for this newbie or just wants to say hey, please don't hesitate.

4 Replies

Hey there Dora!  Welcome to the community, and welcome to the wonderful world of the outdoors!

My best advice for a new hiker, and especially for you, is to not forget your MAP and BACKPACK!  😁

I'm sorry.  That was too easy.

Seriously though, you will find a ton of good information and camaraderie here to help you expand your outdoor horizons. Feel free to throw out any questions you may have.

And beware of foxes! Lol

As @Rob6 said, great people here and some amazing skills and experience. Welcome

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

@Dora_the_Explorer welcome, welcome, welcome! We are thrilled you decided to join our community, and look forward to all that you'll learn AND all you'll teach!

Don't hesitate to reach out with questions - we are working hard to ensure this is a very welcoming space for all who enjoy the outdoors! And don't be surprised when we tag you to weigh in on all things fitness, running, and Georgia!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@Dora_the_Explorer one additional thought - make sure you check out our Georgia boards!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.