cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Which hiking shoes are comparable to the Lowa Renegade hiking boots?

I love my Lowa Renegade hiking boots, but I'm now looking for a hiking shoe. Just wondering what shoe is comparable to my renegades. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted

@KatKelly thanks for reaching out! Wondering if you have any specific requirements (other than a similar fit to your Lowa Renegade boots) for the shoes? Like, should they be waterproof? A few thoughts:

• First, it would certainly make sense to consider a Lowa hiking shoe since you love your Lowa hiking boots!
  • Next, Lowa Renegades typically fit a wider foot, so you might consider a Keen hiking shoe as well - we often recommend sizing up in a Keen as they can run a little short (but still on the wider side).

Because fit can be really hard over the internet, we'd recommend setting up a free virtual outfitting appointment where you can speak with an experienced REI employee who can ask more questions and help you narrow down features and fit.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Thanks! I don't love the tow box on keens, I've been looking at the Lowa shoes for a few months. How is the sizing on the Lowa shoes? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@KatKelly can you tell us more about what you don't like about the Keen toe box? Too wide? Too narrow? Knowing more about your feet can also help us make recommendations!

To answer your specific question: the Lowa shoes that we carry run wide; we also have these 2 styles (Oboz Sawtooth and Salomon X Ultra 3) available in wide widths. Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@KatKelly I can confirm that the low-cut version of Renegades fit identically to the regular boot. They seem to be made on the same last.

However the other low-cut Lowas aren't identical. Fit, comfort, flexibility cushioning, etc. all vary to some extent. You may as well view them as different brands for comparison purposes.

...Wanderer