cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Walking Pole Flip Lock Replacement - REI Flash Carbon FIber Hiking Poles

Hi,

I have a broken hiking pole flip fock on a set of Flash Carbon Fiber hiking poles.  Do you offer a replacement or have a suggestion for a replacement?

Thanks,

JonBroken Slip Lock.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi there @jphurle!

Thanks for reaching out to us!  Can you provide a little more info on the flip lock?  When you say that it is broken, is it lacking the tension needed to secure the pole or has it broken off the pole?

The additional info will be able to help us determine exactly what the solution might be for you.

While we don’t carry replacement parts (should that be what you need) we should be able to point you in the right direction. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@jphurle 

I can actually see more clearly now in your photo the piece that is broken! REI trekking poles are manufactured by Komperdell, a company based in Austria.  Let me see what information might be available on getting this part replaced. I will update you here when I have an answer!

Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@jphurle 

Jon,

Thanks for posting here in the community. I will follow up with you via direct message to get you in touch with the correct person at Komperdell. 

Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi JohnJ,

Could you share the contact info for Komperdell?  I also have a broken flip lock on my REI Flash Carbon Trekking Poles.

Thank you,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JHansen 

Hey Jeremy,

We listed the Komperdell contact information in a different thread about trekking poles, you can read it at REI Peak UL Trekking poles - replacement poles

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.