cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Suggestions for wide hiking boots

First tine doing this, so here goes.  I have a foot issues called hammer toe and a short wide foot.  My current hiking shoes are Merrills in a wide, but still to tight.  My work out shoes are New Balance, in a 8.5 extra wide, double E.  Have not been able to find extra wide hiking shoes.  Suggestions welcome.

Don

0 Likes
5 Replies

Welcome to the community.  I don't know if these are wide enough but Lowa Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots come in Wide sizes. 

...Wanderer

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

Thanks, will check them out

0 Likes

Hi @Plap - Thanks for reaching out! It's great to hear you're gearing up for more hiking, though we're sorry to hear that finding the right boots is giving you some trouble.

We suggest taking a look at the thread Recommendations for Wide Hiking Boots, which has a number of responses that might be helpful for your in your search. 

Additionally, if you are interested in talking with one of our footwear experts, you can schedule a free Virtual Outfitting appointment to discuss their recommendations on available options.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

The Altra brand is known for wide shoes, especially the toebox.  Check them out.

0 Likes

I have wide feet too and wide width tends to not be wide enough for me. I switched from hiking boots to Altra Lone Peaks this year for hiking and have no issues with width anymore! They are great! 

0 Likes