cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Starter Daypack with Bladder

Hi Guys, Im new to hiking and would love to hear your recommendations on a daypack with hydration system. Im petite (5ft) and weigh around 90lbs for reference haha Im not able to carry heavy things for a long time so I’d prefer something lighweight, good for day use. TIA! 

Labels (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies

@Kco  Kco,

While Osprey (like the Syncro 12) and REI (like the Co-op Trail Hydro 20L) make some great day/hydration packs, if you are just starting out, I cannot recommend highly enough the Teton Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack. For around $30, this little pack is tough, and for a small frame, fits well. I own several packs, from all of the above-named companies, and I have found that for day outings, the Teton Sport works great.

Happy Trails! 

JBG

@JBG  Thank you so much for the reply! I looked them up and they all look like they would suit my needs! Will definitely check them out at the store 🙂

Do not think that you have to buy a pack with a bladder. Most day backs have specific sleeves to accept most bladders, and even if yours does not, you can still use a bladder in it. Find the pack you like. Find the bladder you like. Odds are, they will work together.

aka "Boonerelli"
0 Likes