cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Sizing question about waist packs

I like to purchase the Osprey Talon 6 hydration back for men but I don't like the black but I love the blue in the women's .   My question.  Is there any difference in the size between the two ?   Both say one size fits all and people of both genders vary over a wide range ?  

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @SasaChetan7 ! Great question. That Iris Blue color is awesome, I can see why you like it! I took a look at the "Women's- Tempest" and "Men's Talon"...it seems to be exactly the same, the dimensions, the weight,  the capacity and the "Fits Waist/Hips: 25-50 inches" are exactly the same. I think it's just the color! I say go for it and take the color you love!

Enjoy!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you JennyA.  Your input was very valuable and appreciated !!

0 Likes

Hi @SasaChetan7 - Thanks for reaching out! The Talon 6 and Tempest 6 (the women's version) have the same dimensions, keeping their sizing and weight the same. They both use a BioStretch hipbelt that enables you to adjust the fit as needed, though the Tempest is molded with a women’s anatomical fit in mind.

Those variances in the Tempest include the hip belt being slightly narrower in height, having a little more padding at the hips, and the angle being shifted slightly downward. None of that is to say the Tempest will only fit women well. Like @REI-JennyA said, it will most likely be just fine with them being the same size and having such a wide fit range! The blue definitely is a great color. Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes