cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your "Sit Spot" | 'Hikes for Health' Week 1

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

A "sit spot" is somewhere you go in nature to find a sense of peace and security. Yours may be a beautiful view on your daily run, your backyard, or a place to visit when you just need to clear your mind. Whether you already have a place in mind or need to discover one, we encourage you to visit your 'sit spot' and record how it feels to be there.

Share a photo and/or tell us about your sit spot.

H4H1.jpg

Are you ready for Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
117 Replies

20210515_200457.jpg

0 Likes

My sit spot is my back porch, in the early morning or cool of the evening. I have called it “porch time” for years now. 

04331479-3885-4B26-A9D8-3ABFD5E35087.jpeg

4E7B17E4-2AB6-46DC-9E49-8A615319CD2B.jpeg

Any summit is my favorite sit spot. 

“There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music” – Roland R Kemler

@Hikerdonna That's a really nice quote! Such a relaxing sentiment!

0 Likes

My spot is Inspiration Point at Roman Nose State Park. There is a lovely bench where a person can sit and look at the lake. The best part is the hike to get there, of course. 🙂

@flushessideways Agreed - the journey is equally as important as the destination 🙂

0 Likes

My sit spot when I cannot go outdoors is by my big window to absorb as much sun as possible

This photo doesn't do justice for my "praying spot" You can't see the sun that is in the full photo. Sorry.This photo doesn't do justice for my "praying spot" You can't see the sun that is in the full photo. Sorry.p

This is my "praying spot" As I pass it on my daily walk, it calls to me as I turn the bend on the trail and the fence comes into view. I meditate on my gratitude for the day and ask for guidance in my life. It is always a peaceful experience. I can always feel when it is time to move on from the prayer spot to continue on my way.

I really enjoy the night sky.  Being in my backyard with my pup, I find my staring up and getting lost in the stars.  During the day, I'm definitely looking at the clouds - sunrise, sunset. Finding the moment each time I'm outside to just listen and be quiet.

My "sit spot" is in front of any sunset

IMG_8180.Jpg