cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your "Sit Spot" | 'Hikes for Health' Week 1

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

A "sit spot" is somewhere you go in nature to find a sense of peace and security. Yours may be a beautiful view on your daily run, your backyard, or a place to visit when you just need to clear your mind. Whether you already have a place in mind or need to discover one, we encourage you to visit your 'sit spot' and record how it feels to be there.

Share a photo and/or tell us about your sit spot.

H4H1.jpg

Are you ready for Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
117 Replies

@Naturecrazed82 Sure am!  Northern Star Council class off 1998.  

Keep Calm and Paddle On

In a few years, she can start on her Lion!

this is my favorite sit spot we come and sit with the dogs and have our morning coffee before we start our day.  It’s our own back yard!! 
4BFF4EB2-47A5-498D-8D40-0146A9631D12.jpeg

Big Rock Garden, Bellingam Washington

IMG_20210517_182258892.jpg

Like many folks I have a variety of favorite sit spots. While this one isn’t the most scenic, nor the most peaceful, it is the most convenient. The best way to start my work day is by enjoying a cup of tea on my deck in the morning, listening to the birds sing, watching the leaves flutter and smelling the fresh scents of nature. 

6D9A405E-15D6-4FE0-8EF5-28AC24AF2AB4.jpeg

deck looking over back yard to propertydeck looking over back yard to property

Back yard into property. After work, put the feet up and chill for a few.

That's a beautiful spot you have, @GregA 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Thanks. Worked a lot of years with something like it in mind. There is a lot of overtime in it to get a long term forestry hobby removing vines and multiflora rose.

Here is the back back yard. I sometimes sit here to.

back40.jpg

My sit spot is any time I can see the night sky.  The moon and stars are grounding for me.

20191027_141253.jpg