cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your "Sit Spot" | 'Hikes for Health' Week 1

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

A "sit spot" is somewhere you go in nature to find a sense of peace and security. Yours may be a beautiful view on your daily run, your backyard, or a place to visit when you just need to clear your mind. Whether you already have a place in mind or need to discover one, we encourage you to visit your 'sit spot' and record how it feels to be there.

Share a photo and/or tell us about your sit spot.

H4H1.jpg

Are you ready for Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
117 Replies

Does anyone know if the recording of the virtual event from the 20th is available anywhere? I forgot to tune in, but I'd like to be able to go back and watch it.

0 Likes

@qantravon 

Unfortunately we do not have a recording of the virtual event available to share. The next virtual event for the Hikes for Health Challenge is scheduled for 7 pm EST, Thursday, May 27th. You can RSVP and read more information about it here

Hopefully you can make it to that one, thanks!

  

9953205E-FA97-4BCD-9B70-57FD6BCC6D12.jpeg

This is Two Rivers park in Finley WA. This spot has been a spot that I have been coming to since I was young. It’s an old boat dock. But it only recently became my sit spot. This last year when I became pregnant with my first child I was pretty sick and this spot was about as far as I could walk. I would watch the ducks float around. It was one of the only safe spots for them during hunting season. It gave me peace of mind and a goal I could accomplish. I would do a small work out and stretch while I was there. And now with the ever changing seasons I get to watch the park grow in the spring with new life and be a safe haven in the fall and winter months. I can breath and take it all in. 

20210523_123703.jpg

 My "Sit Spot"Temperance River on Superior Hiking Trail.  Just off Temperance Rd.

2A53BBAF-7F1A-4DF3-9011-71E123157922.jpeg

This is my favorite everyday sit spot - my front porch. Lots of trees, birds, bunnies, occasional squirrel. It is a pretty sweet spot to start or end the day but sunsets out here are pretty fantastic. I love camping and hiking though and would take those spots any day!

Olympic National Park- Peace of mind at it's best!!Olympic National Park- Peace of mind at it's best!!

Hi @ハイキングが好きな人 - Wow! What an incredible photo. It's great to hear you have found such peace of mind in the park. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

0 Likes

Another of the MANY great "sit spots" in the Red River Gorge Geological Area, Daniel Boone National Forest, Kentucky, this one overlooks Raven Rock.

EdIuJcRXYAAPpm7.jpeg

Get outdoors, stay safe, and happy trails!
Todd the Hiker