cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your "Sit Spot" | 'Hikes for Health' Week 1

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

A "sit spot" is somewhere you go in nature to find a sense of peace and security. Yours may be a beautiful view on your daily run, your backyard, or a place to visit when you just need to clear your mind. Whether you already have a place in mind or need to discover one, we encourage you to visit your 'sit spot' and record how it feels to be there.

Share a photo and/or tell us about your sit spot.

H4H1.jpg

Are you ready for Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
117 Replies

Pacific OceanPacific Ocean

My hiking partner taking a shot down break while hiking along the Willamette River.

IMG_20210521_163335_855.jpg

4DBFCFF6-58E2-47F4-A201-70E1AB2B4E71.jpeg

There is a hill really close to my house. I love to run up there after dinner and just look at the sunset 🙂

My favorite place is Indian Mounds Park, it is a sacred Dakota burial space. It is beautiful,  peaceful, calming and It feels good connecting to earth, sky, and honoring the ancestors. It is on the bluffs, there are trees, open spaces, and also a place to over look the city. A lovely space for grounding.

My favorite "sit spot" is actually one of two places.   The first being outside on my back patio where I can look out over my backyard full of lush green grass, with plenty of flora and fauna to observe.

The other favorite "sit spot" or I should say "standing spot" is on any trail where again there is plenty of flora and fauna to observe.

My sit spot is on the Ice Age Trail (IAT) in Lodi, WI.

It is on the cliff edge of Gibraltar Rock, just off the trail.

IMG_6662.jpg

FE8E50D2-1C06-4DA2-BF54-376AA742A69A.jpeg

My favorite sit spot is happily just across the street from my apartment. It’s a little pocket park with water access and plenty of driftwood to sit upon as you watch the waves.  

FA244B3F-5B58-48CF-B96C-351FB9C8ED6D.jpeg

I love sitting on the beach and watching the waves. So relaxing. 

Dania Beach, Florida

IMG_3069.jpg

Appreciative of the Lake being a backyard for the city. 

Here is one of my favorite sitting rocks on the edge of Revett Lake, Montana off of the Thompson Pass.

IMG_4837.JPG