cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your "Sit Spot" | 'Hikes for Health' Week 1

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

A "sit spot" is somewhere you go in nature to find a sense of peace and security. Yours may be a beautiful view on your daily run, your backyard, or a place to visit when you just need to clear your mind. Whether you already have a place in mind or need to discover one, we encourage you to visit your 'sit spot' and record how it feels to be there.

Share a photo and/or tell us about your sit spot.

H4H1.jpg

Are you ready for Week 2, Week 3, or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
117 Replies

I don't have a photo, but it's on the front porch of our family's (very) rustic cabin in northern Minnesota.

While our house is tucked into a neighborhood, our backyard has just enough mature trees to provide a buffer from the everyday noise. I like to take some time on the back deck, sit and enjoy listening to the birds and rustling of tree leaves on a breezy day.IMG_1786.jpg

Just one of MANY great "sit spots" in Red River Gorge on the Daniel Boone National Forest, Kentucky!

E16mexAXsAUWCxE.jpeg

Get outdoors, stay safe, and happy trails!
Todd the Hiker

My evening walks to the local school with my dog. I know it's not "sitting", but the familiar sounds and smells of the neighborhood and the warm (or cool) air on my face seem to center me. My pup is always so happy to run freely through the school field too.

I don't have a sit spot outside because of an irrational fear of deer ticks at this point in the spring.  But I do have an amazing view from my office window, from which I can watch wood ducks and foxes and cardinals and hummingbirds and bluejays and deer and squirrels and a muskrat I've named Howard.  I've worked from home since before the pandemic began, and it's nice to be able to take a break/vacation by just turning my head a bit to the left.

Found a new spot near City of Rocks, ID.

Went for a short hike this morning in Mayberry St. park, MI and decided to eat my snacks on an old downed log. Listening to the birds and wind in the trees. 😃 Beaker is always on board for adventure!!

16217004324095773351301910898134.jpg

52FDF398-2EF8-43DD-A57B-AD8D5EB2888F.jpeg

 Love this spot in Wekiwa Springs State Park. 

20210522_160921.jpg

Starting to hike the trails at Breakheart Reservation, a small Mass state park.  Crow Hill gives a 360 view that includes the Boston skyline. 

4A3B4D58-67B6-4DA2-802F-D82F2F4A7A4E.jpeg

I love sitting at the Crystal City water park - it’s a little piece of nature inside the city.