cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your boots! | 'Hikes for Health' Week 2

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

The right footwear is often vital for a comfortable and enjoyable trail experience. If hiking boots could talk, we'd hear endless stories of proud thru-hikes, evenings on neighborhood trails, and soggy river crossings. Because they cannot, it more often sounds like "flip, flop, slap, shlop, pitter, patter, zooooom." Luckily, you can speak for them!

Show us your favorite trail footwear in action and tell us a brief story about a moment you shared with them on the trail!

H4H2.jpg

Did you miss Week 1?

Are you ready for Week 3 or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
56 Replies

A71661FE-07AF-4042-8255-DEDB87A6D6A8.jpeg

My Hoka One One Cotopaxi trail runners. I am a newbie with bad knees and really out of shape so I still breaking these in slowly.  Sooooo cute and so far super comfortable. I took this pick at a local nature park - Snake Warrior Island in Miramar, Florida. 

20200731_094814.jpg

 View over Donner ♡

IMG_20210530_152536407~2.jpg

My previous hiking boots killed my toes. These guys are cozy enough to keep me moving.

PXL_20210601_214323042.jpg

 Unfortunately they were supposed to be in action this past Sunday but due the raw, rainy weather the hike was cancelled! Ugh.

Worth the Climb to enjoy the beautiful views!Worth the Climb to enjoy the beautiful views!

20210609_145926.jpg

Santa Fe Baldy and Pecos High Country from Lake Peak, 12409'.

2 hikes on these boots, both climbing and descending steeply 2400' vert on poor, rocky routes. No blisters or warm spots. Coleman.

Now the kicker: $14 at Big 5.

I'll post another pic as they near their end, probably September - October if I'm lucky.

740E9348-5371-49B7-9BB8-16CD28518D22.jpeg

These La Sportiva boots have taken us to many unexpected places and never failed.  Adirondacks, Black Hills, Badlands, Taos, Grand Canyon, Tikal, Desert SW, Boundary Waters…

“Take care of the earth”