cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your boots! | 'Hikes for Health' Week 2

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

The right footwear is often vital for a comfortable and enjoyable trail experience. If hiking boots could talk, we'd hear endless stories of proud thru-hikes, evenings on neighborhood trails, and soggy river crossings. Because they cannot, it more often sounds like "flip, flop, slap, shlop, pitter, patter, zooooom." Luckily, you can speak for them!

Show us your favorite trail footwear in action and tell us a brief story about a moment you shared with them on the trail!

H4H2.jpg

Did you miss Week 1?

Are you ready for Week 3 or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
56 Replies

A good hike -- even for a mile or two -- definitely helps clear the head and gives perspective on what's really important.

IMG_9741.jpegBest boots ever! An EXTREMELY patient REI associate helped me with pick out new boots. I have foot issues, so buying boots/shoes is never fun for me. I think I tried on every pair of women's boots with no luck. We moved onto the men's boots and these did the trick. They were comfortable from day one. I've worn them on around 10 day hikes so far and I love them more each time I wear them.

@denise-15 Fresh Oboz! Isn't it so great when our boots become part of us?! They truly are the vehicle for adventure when exploring on foot 🙂 Glad you found a pair that you love!

0 Likes

So I actually have two pair of go to footwear for hiking.  One is a pair of Vasque boots that I love. The other are the trail runners shown here.  Living in the Carolinas gets hot in the summer and the are times that I just don’t want the boots...like when it’s 90 degrees and 80% humidity and I’m not able to get to a mountain hike.  These trail runners are saucony.  And I love having the movable “road ID” that you see on the right foot.  I transfer that to other shoes and hiking boots.  2D00B7BC-9B43-415F-89B0-025CD8D55641.jpeg

P6270091.JPGFinishing VT AT Section in 2012Finishing VT AT Section in 2012

The top picture is from a section hike of Maine in 2011. The bottom one from finishing the VT section of the AT in 2011 in the town of Hanover, NH. 

@kathyrb AND a snake!!! Did you get a chance to stay or eat at the Inn at Long Trail? A classic spot along the route 🙂

0 Likes

Instead of boots I have my hiking sandals from the nice and warm weekend. 

BD57A278-07D7-41C2-B158-B84AD8C71564.jpeg

B90EC464-D5F8-4C5B-B3E0-2492A689B894.jpeg

 Watching dolphins glide and pelicans fly in southern California. Love my Lowa boots!!

I haven't worn them yet, but I finally splurged on some "real" hiking books after wearing a cheap pair  the last several years. I picked those up after my then 6-year-old said she wanted to go hiking. While they did the trick for those first one mile loops they left my feet throbbing on anything longer. Fast-forward two years and now the whole family - including kids 8, 6 and 3 - goes just about every weekend.IMG_1811.jpg