cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your boots! | 'Hikes for Health' Week 2

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

The right footwear is often vital for a comfortable and enjoyable trail experience. If hiking boots could talk, we'd hear endless stories of proud thru-hikes, evenings on neighborhood trails, and soggy river crossings. Because they cannot, it more often sounds like "flip, flop, slap, shlop, pitter, patter, zooooom." Luckily, you can speak for them!

Show us your favorite trail footwear in action and tell us a brief story about a moment you shared with them on the trail!

H4H2.jpg

Did you miss Week 1?

Are you ready for Week 3 or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
56 Replies

I bought the Merrell Moabs five years ago for backcountry hiking at Mammoth Cave National Park, and they’re still my go-to hiking boot! 

7EC5C33E-F422-4091-B7B1-6410DCD60010.jpeg

@KelleyBeth YES! Those boots have that out-of-box comfort that lasts! I also see a number of other folks in this thread are hiking in Merrell Moabs as well. Glad to see these boots have taken you to some cool places 🙂

Amazing the difference a new pair of shoes makes!shoes.jpg

-Live your adventure

Ahhh, the wonders of getting brand new boots!!! it is like Christmas morning all over again! I changed from hiking shoes to hiking boots and I am so glad I did. They are a bit heavier, but I am getting used to them. But the extra protection on the feet and ankles is wonderful! the one thing this picture does not show is the Window Pane shoe tie. OMGsh! Thank you REI for showing me this. My pinkie toes no longer fall asleep. They have a video all about how to tie your shoes. It was a lifesaver!!!
On my very first hike with my new boots, I was so protective of them. LOL. Now we are 2 weeks in and I am trekking all over Santiago Oaks Regional Park. They are comfy and keep me from feeling all those rocks under my feet as well as I feel so stable in them!
Give me a hiking boot, my trekking poles, and my dog and you have one happy girl!boots.jpg

@NutBugs SO awesome to hear that you are excited about your new boots, and learned some new lacing techniques through the REI video! It's a funny to think we tie our shoes everyday, but there are so many variations, and cool tricks to customize to your foot. Glad that you got the first couple scratches and scuffs on the new kicks...I totally understand that feeling of wanting to preserve the new-ness! There's a bunch of good articles and videos on boot care as well - this one has been helpful to me: How to Clean Hiking Boots 

0 Likes

21E1CBAE-F9FD-43F6-B4FB-3DC0478FEB8B.jpeg

This was just last weekend at Shenandoah National Park in Virginia on an REI hike! I love my boots but with all the stream crossings, should have worn my non-waterproof hiking shoes.

Just went for a hike in my neighborhood.  Getting ready for the Smokies in a couple weeks. 

20210526_175810.jpg

The pants, gator and hiking boots all came from REI :)The pants, gator and hiking boots all came from REI 🙂I love my Oboz Bridger hiking boots so much! This picture was taken on a muddy section of a trail that I was hiking at the end of Nov. last year. In fact this pair is a huge part of me going on hiking regularly off season, which I hadn't done in my life before. Now, because these are waterproof and slight bit warm on warm days, if anyone has recommendation on hiking boots that are great for summer (boots or even trail shoes) I'd be curious to hear about them. (I hear there are shoe version of these??)

Took a short walk in my c. 7-year old Vasque Breezes at a local forest preserve prior to logging on for work.  Forgot that I was going to do this, so I unfortunately wore no-show socks...  I love my Breezes, but they are nearly dead after hundreds of trail and non-trail miles.

PXL_20210527_133247074.jpg

@PrairieDog HA! The low-cut sock in the boot mishap... I have definitely been there too! Nice moves on getting out before work, it's a great way to set the tone for the day. Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes