cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Show Us Your boots! | 'Hikes for Health' Week 2

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest - to register and learn more information, click here!

The right footwear is often vital for a comfortable and enjoyable trail experience. If hiking boots could talk, we'd hear endless stories of proud thru-hikes, evenings on neighborhood trails, and soggy river crossings. Because they cannot, it more often sounds like "flip, flop, slap, shlop, pitter, patter, zooooom." Luckily, you can speak for them!

Show us your favorite trail footwear in action and tell us a brief story about a moment you shared with them on the trail!

H4H2.jpg

Did you miss Week 1?

Are you ready for Week 3 or Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
56 Replies

Screenshot_20210523-225401_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210523-225433_Facebook.jpg

Summer 2021 - Kamping with Karen. This is Perrot State Park WI. 

My sister, Karen and I are going to camp and hike every month possible.  Started in April.  Taking her on her 1st SHT Backpacking trip this July!  

#Opt Outside.

Jayne

An REI employee taught me how to tie these and my hikes have been forever improved!

Love that one! Especially with the heel lock technique. I have also found these lacing techniques helpful for different types of boot/shoe issues: REI Expert Advice: How to Lace Hiking Boots

3AE24A8D-9604-449B-ACAB-3D33708C8E2D.png

Dumping the water out of our boots and wringing out our socks after a quick little walk through the narrows at Zion National Park this week! 

My Oboz hiking boots have carried me far! I never would have picked these out myself, but the REI associate picked them out for me right away and, well, he was right! They've held up for years and have taken me all over the east coast.

Hikes for Health Boots.jpg

@sarahlg3 I have the exact same boots - same color - and love love love them! Mine have so far only hiked on the West Coast...

Great photo, Sara. I have a pair of Oboz too. They are great. 

I also got a pair of (also red!) Oboz that an REI rep recommended last summer & they have been wonderful especially during the off-season months here in the Pacific NW as well as on muddy trails, stream crossings etc. year around. Looking forward to many more years in them! 

Hiking out to Delicate Arch at Arches National Park.  This was a Mother-Daughter hike and we absolutely loved the red dirt!  I love these boots as well but alas...they aren't fitting my feet (feel about 1/2 size too small).  I think my feet plumped.  Drats!  Eagles.jpgWill need to invest in new boots soon!  Also love my Darned Tough socks!