cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Share Those Trail Signs! | 'Hikes for Health' Week 3

We're excited to announce 'Hikes for Health', a month-long focus on health, wellness, and spending time outside. Each week includes its own mini-challenge, virtual event, sweepstakes prize, and inspiring special guest — to register and learn more information, click here!

Whether it's a long-awaited trek to a place you've never been or meandering around your local parks, trails are the backbone of hikes. During the week of 5/31 - 6/6, take a snapshot of trail signage that gives you the important information to get you safely on your way. Afterwards, consider taking a break from your digital device for the rest of the hike and simply enjoy the beauty your surroundings offer. 

Post a photo of trail signage from your favorite trail and share a fun fact (ie. where it's located, how it helped you, the land management agency behind it, or what native land you're on)

H4H3.jpg

Did you miss Week 1 or Week 2?

Are you ready for Week 4?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
Labels (1)
31 Replies

IMG_4288.jpeg

I hiked for the first time in a while and backpacked for the first time ever (beside survival school)! This was close to the Hurricane Creek Wilderness Area in the Ozarks, St. Francis National Forest. 

I learned about two specific little bits of flora and fauna while I hiked! First is what I think is a red spotted purple admiral butterfly, and second is a leather flower, native to arkansas and the surrounding area! Lots of neat stuff on the Ozark trail, and it is really well kept. I hope to come back and see all of the things I missed because of the high waters last week. 

5F408D3E-D97B-4E54-AA9B-2B13715D6691.jpegA6EB1093-1451-4997-9EA1-FB7EC89C037A.jpeg

This was taken at Springer Mtn. when I completed the AT. It took just under 10 years to do it  section hiking. Thought I would never get finished.  FINISHED!!!FINISHED!!!

Congratulations!  That's a big milestone!

IMG_4055.jpg

I hope to be there in a few months!

Let's hear it for a spontaneous after-work hike!  (It was very spontaneous... even to the point of inviting my wife, not having any gear or wearing my regular (i.e. permethrin-treated) hiking clothes.)

Here's to hoping I can be on trail again Saturday for the National Trails Day Project!

PXL_20210602_224027474.jpg

caution-sign_714.jpg

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

"Up is Mandatory" seems encoded in my DNA.

20210529_163304.jpg

0 Likes

DSC04016.jpgDSC04022.jpgDSC04024.jpgDSC04030.jpg

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes