cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Recommendation for a Daypack with hydration system.

Hi - 

I'm looking for a recommendation for a 2.5 - 5 liter day pack with hydration. I was looking at CamelBak but saw way too many negative reviews about them. 

I'm looking to use this for light day hiking, snacks and a first aid kit...

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies

@Darryl Thanks for reaching out!

We have several good options for hydration day packs that should meet your needs. Here are a few:

Some of these might be a little big in terms of the pack itself, however, if you're looking to carry 3+ liters of water you will appreciate the structure of the bigger pack. Some of these do come in a smaller version, but it is good to bear in mind that the hydration bladder also gets smaller.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Would these daypacks be able to handle 15 - 20 pounds of weight for rucking? If not, would you have other recommendations? 

0 Likes

@Cheryl_M if those packs fit you well, they can accommodate 15-20lbs (depending a little on the bulk of what you're carrying to get to that weight).

For the original member, having a hydration system included was important so all of the packs we suggested include the hydration bladder - is that also important to you? If not, there are other packs you might consider for rucking. Further, the packs we suggested above will be men's/unisex sizing and will have similar options using a women's specific fit:

We hope this helps; let us know if you have additional questions!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

By "2.5 - 5 liter" do you mean the bladder capacity or the volume of the pack in general?

I've had an Osprey Raptor 10 for about 8 years now. It works well as a mountain-bike pack and a light day-hike pack. I also use it for winter runs when I want to add or shed layers of warmth. It rides close to the body without a lot of bounce, so I like it for that. It came with a 3 liter reservoir for hydration, which I always assumed was part of the 10 liter total (?). My wife has a larger version of the same pack.

I have soaked the thing in sweat and dust many times and rinsed it clean. It has held up well under my abuse.