cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Mileage one way or RT?

Is the indicated mileage one way or round trip on hiking project.com? I think that it is pathetic and frustrating that people have to decipher what is going on! Why can't you communicate to the public what is going on? Why am I having to ask this question? Please clarify! Please!

0 Likes
2 Replies

@DaveL Thanks for reaching out!

I apologize that you are frustrated with your experience with hiking project! If you could provide me some more detail on which trails you are looking at I may be able to provide some specific insight to your experience. Otherwise, I find it helpful to look at the two markers on the map of the hike. The green one indicates the start of the hike and the red one indicates the end. The mileage for the hike you are looking at is the distance between those two markers. If they are both in the same location then it is a loop and the mileage indicated is for the 'round trip'. If they are on different ends of the hike (beginning and end) then the mileage indicates one way.

Additionally, most of the hikes on Hiking Project will indicate on the trail's landing page whether it is an 'out and back', 'loop', or 'point to point'. That information is typically under the first picture below the 'Trail' heading. It will say something like '3.9 Mile out and back. Intermediate.'

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to reach out with any other questions. Thank you!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

John,

Thank you so much. This was the information I needed. Yes, I was frustrated! LOL. Thank you again!

0 Likes