cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for shorts with deep pockets.

I am looking for shorts that have deep pockets for an iphone/ with case. Suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi @georgerobert,

This is a great question! Sometimes pockets are too short and sometimes phones are just too dang big!

A few brands come to mind, but I am also interested in other features you may be looking for. For instance, shorts come in a range of different lengths, were you looking for a certain inseam/outseam? Are cargo pockets a must for you? Then we can also talk about fabrics, materials & colors... I could go on and on...

Here are some of our customer favorites with deeper pockets. 

Honorable mentions, the REI Sahara Cargo & Columbia Silver Ridge, though sometimes the weight of a large phone may pull on their lightweight fabric.

I'd check these out at your local REI, or place an order with REI.com to see if they suit your needs. 

Best!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

@georgerobert I like the Outdoor Research Ferrosi, both pants and shorts.  They have a nice zipper-pocket on the thigh that easily fits my Samsung Galaxy.

@georgerobert I really love the Prana Stretch Zion.  An iPhone8 fits in the thigh pocket, but is tough to zip.  Just a tab too big.  I usually just leave it unzipped unless I'm doing something gnarly.