cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for recommendations for hiking gloves

I hike in the NJ/PA area and as winter is approaching am looking for recommendations for a nice pair of gloves. I hike with poles so would prefer not having something too bulky. I also don't usually go out if the high isn't getting into the 30s so don't need anything too intense but the pairs I have are a bit lacking on those 30 degree days. I won't go out in the rain in winter either so water proofing doesn't really matter.

1 Reply

Hi @TammyS! Ohhh, I have favorite gloves for this purpose! I have an older version but the new version looks awesome and I'm sure more like this will be added to the inventory. 

I recommend a Soft Shell Glove, like this: REI Soft Shell Gloves

I really love soft shell products for cooler weather even cold days. Because they are breathable and blocks the wind. I used to wear my Soft Shell gloves in the Chicago winter when I would run. It was perfect, if I was just hiking, I would just add a thin liner gloves. So, soft shell is great for when you are active: running, hiking...etc. Not super ideal for sitting outside in winter. I hope that makes sense and helps you decide if this would be a good fit for you!

Happy Hiking!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.