cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for a non-waterproof hiking boot

I do a lot of desert hiking and have no need for a waterproof boot. I find that waterproof boots in the desert are way too hot. My Vasque Breeze non-waterproof boots are finally wearing out after two years. I'd like to buy the same boots, but it appears that Vasque does not make a non-waterproof version anymore. I'm finding it very difficult to do a search for non-waterproof, midlevel hiking boots, as there are no hits when I enter this criteria in a search. Can anyone suggest a quality non-waterproof boot? I have bought Salomon and Vasque in the past.

thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies

@chacmool Thanks for reaching out!

We have several good options for you in the non-waterproof category of boots. You didn't mention if you wanted men's or women's, so we'll include both in our suggestions.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I have had similar issues with waterproof boots and trail shoes and finally settled on the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Ventilator Hiking. I still wear more sturdy, waterproof boots in winter, but the Moab 2 Vent Spring through Fall.

aka "Boonerelli"
0 Likes

Thanks John

I've had the Moab boots before and they are very good. I've noticed Merrell has improved them steadily over the years.

0 Likes

like @John said, the merril moab is pretty good, I use them also...when not using my hoka one one trail runners

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

Thanks, I'll check out the Hoka as well

0 Likes