cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Kahtoola Exospike Sizing: Should I 'size up' if I land right between sizes?

I want to purchase Kahtoola Exospikes to fit my boots especially, which are Hoka One One Women's Stinson Mid size 11.  Would you recommend a Medium or a Large Exospike (looks like Medium is 9-11 and Large is 11-13)?
Primarily I don't want it to fall off, but secondarily I don't want to dislocate my wrist trying to pull it on.
Thanks for any advice you can give.
P.S. I don't have experience with Exospikes, and my Microspikes are very old and I don't know what size they are.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies

@HappyFeet Thanks for reaching out!

We recommend going with the size large based on the size and thickness of the sole of your hiking boots. Personally, I've sized up similarly (men's size 12, went with an XL) with the microspikes by Kahtoola and they have fit great on my boots. The only time I've had an issue with them staying on is when I haven't done a good job making sure they're over my toe correctly. Fortunately, they're pretty easy to work with, even on the trail.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

I second sizing up. I'm a size 9 and find the mediums are a real snug fit. I don't think the smaller size would have worked.

0 Likes

Thank you for recommendation (go for size large) for my Hoka One One Women's Stinson Mid size 11.  The size large Exospikes fit but they are none too large.
And they work well in these icy street and trail conditions. 
Thank you, you were correct!