cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Ideas and advice for pumps for mattress pads.

Hi - I need new mattress pads.  I'd like one with a hand pump. You had a nice small one in the Youtube for the Stratus Insulated Air but it seems to have been discontinued.  I'm also interested in the REI AirRale Plus.  What pumps do you have that would work?

Also, I'm also interested in NEMO thermarest XLite.  is there a pump for that?

Thanks!    scott

0 Likes
4 Replies

you might want to consider one that fits the bag pump thing -- not a pump, but a big bag that lets you squeeze air into the mattress.  lighter and can do double duty as a stuff sack

0 Likes

Where is that located on REI website?

0 Likes

@ptreyes and @Riverwench  Thanks for reaching out!

All of the air mattress pumps we have can be viewed here@markrosenlv was spot-on with their advice to consider a 'pump bag', those are far more prevalent than a battery or hand pump and can often double as a stuff sack.  You'll want to note that the compatibility of each brand can vary, your best bet is to go with a brand of pump that is the same brand as your pad.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

The updated Thermarest XLite comes with a pump bag which avoids having to blow in the mattress to inflate it.   This got mixed reviews but a friend of mine had no trouble using it with her new regular wide size XLite.  That requires quite a bit more puff than the regular size which I have.  It is still some work to inflate the mattress and it takes a bit of practice but the bag is lighter and more reliable than carrying an electric pump.  Something to consider anyway

0 Likes