cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How should gloves fit and will they stretch out?

I purchased a pair of Seirus Xtreme All Weather gloves with Sound Touch technology.  The gloves fit but are snug. I usually wear a Women's Large, but those were too small so I purchased Men's Large.  Will they stretch out?  I intend to use them while hiking/walking in rainy Scotland.  I am wondering whether they will be comfortable when holding walking sticks for a few hours, or should I get the net size up (Men's XL)?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply

@bturner1 thanks for reaching out for advice on this one! Although some gloves will stretch out over time, the ones you have (the Seirus Xtreme All Weather gloves) are not likely to stretch much due to their thicker neoprene material. In addition, it's likely that when you use the gloves in an active situation like hiking/walking, your hands may even swell slightly with the exercise. And finally, gloves that are too tight will actually result in colder hands - a little bit of room can allow for a bit of warm air to keep your hands warmer. All that to say, yes, we'd recommend sizing up to ensure the gloves aren't too snug.

Hope this is helpful, and we'd love to see pictures after your trip to Scotland!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes