cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: How do I identify women's hiking boots on the REI website that are crampon compatible?

Dear REI Employee,

As I am coursing the pages of your website's offerings for women's hiking boots, I am wondering how will it be designated which boots can be paired with crampons for a multi-surface, multi-temperature hike?

Thanks,

MissTina

0 Likes
20 Replies

Re: How do I identify women's hiking boots on the REI website that are crampon compatible?

@MissTina Great question!

In my experience the sound that crampons make is pretty negligible, particularly given all the other noise one makes on the trail. When you put the crampons on your boots, they should be snug enough that they don't 'jingle' too much or make shaking noises. They may add some noise (scraping on ice or rock, an occasional clank of metal on another hard surface), but I don't think it will be enough to impact your ability to see wildlife. 

In my experience, seeing wildlife is more about being prepared, observant, and going at the right time of day. If you're able to find a place where you can stop and observe for periods of time that is helpful as well.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes