cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Hiking boots

“I'm searching for hiking boots for my husband. He has arthritis in his feet and calluses on the bottom of his feet. Can you suggest the best hiking boots for him? We do moderate, day hikes only.”

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi DianaN!
We would love to get your husband outfitted in to some boots that will have him getting the most out of his hikes! Feet are very unique however and can take a little bit of measuring as well as assessment to get everyone into their right boot. A couple suggestions I could make would be checking out a Virtual Outfitting with one of our trained Green Vests to get him the right boot. 
Some research you can do on your own as well would be checking out some of our Expert advice articles such as How to choose Hiking Boots which will give you some insight into your hunt. Another good resource is The Best Hiking Boots of 2020 which will give you some ideas of well established boots as well as newer models responding to customer needs. 
I hope this helps you and please let us know if we can help in any other way!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Thank you for the great suggestion of using Virtual Outfitting.  It was the perfect solution for us.  Caitlyn, the expert who video conferenced with us, was well prepared, had great suggestions, and even checked availability at our local REI.  Fantastic service!

0 Likes
Highlighted

With the health of his feet and the weight of boots, you may want to consider trail runners.  

0 Likes
Join the community