cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We are currently experiencing issues with logging in and staying logged in, most often with Chrome, We're sorry and are working hard on resolution.
Highlighted

Hiking boot recommendation and advice for remote fitting.

I am looking for recommendations for a women's mid hiking boot.  Hoping that I will still be doing a planned rim2rim hike in the Grand Canyon in June.  Also hoping the same boots can see me through a Nepal trek in October.  Since I can't be in store I ordered the Keen Targhee III Mid WP and they don't seem comfortable for one of my feet.  Also ordered Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX and they are comfortable but seem lacking in ankle support.  I was thinking about trying Oboz Sawtooth II Mid Bdry.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

+1 for the sawtooth. My wife has the low and loves it compared to Merrells. I had the same experience and have both the insulated and non-insulated boot now. The insulated boot survived a 4 day snowmobiling trip in the UP without any issue at all with warmth or water. 

Highlighted

I have Oboz boots and love them. I've worn them many different places and situations. Mine are the Bridger Premium Mid, Bridger Mid Vent, and the Sawtooths. There not much of a break in period. They have a wider toe box.

6 Replies
Highlighted

@Rosemary  Thanks for reaching out!

If the Keens were a close fit for you, the Oboz Sawtooth II Mid Bdry may be just the ticket. Like the Keens, they have a bit more room in the forefoot and toe box, which a lot of folks really appreciate. Since the Salomons fit you well, we also encourage you to take a look at the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX Hiking Boots as they are designed with more support for longer treks. 

If you're interested in talking through some more options and your specific needs, you can set up a virtual outfitting appointment and connect with one of our footwear experts.

Hopefully all of your hiking trips will work out this year, they sound amazing!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for your quick response John. So grateful to hear I can do a virtual outfitting appointment.  I so love REI!

Highlighted

+1 for the sawtooth. My wife has the low and loves it compared to Merrells. I had the same experience and have both the insulated and non-insulated boot now. The insulated boot survived a 4 day snowmobiling trip in the UP without any issue at all with warmth or water. 

Highlighted

I have Oboz boots and love them. I've worn them many different places and situations. Mine are the Bridger Premium Mid, Bridger Mid Vent, and the Sawtooths. There not much of a break in period. They have a wider toe box.

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice! I did order the Oboz Sawtooth and while I ended up having to go up a half size, the fit is comfortable and I think they will meet my needs.

Highlighted

@Rosemary Thanks for circling back and letting us know! Enjoy your new boots!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.