cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Membership now as great as the outdoors!
Already a member? Take a look at the Co-op Members section of the community.
Ready to join? Explore all of the benefits here.

Gaiter suggestions

I'm looking for a gator to hike in mild, but possibly, wet conditions through brambly terrain and biting ants.  I'd love suggestions since I've never worn gaiters to hike, just to ski.  thanks much

4 Replies

I’d recommend the OR mid gaiters. They’re tough for the brambles and will keep the wet out of a solid pair of waterproof hiking boots. The only downside is they make my feet sweat so just be conscious of that. On sale right now too I’ll post a pic of them.

I also have the REI gaiters for warmer weather biking and hiking they don’t make my feet sweat but I don’t think the will hold up to brambles and wet conditions. They’re really good for keeping debris out of low top hiking shoes or runners.

0FDD88E9-8103-4C9F-90E1-C17884DFA4C3.png

here’s the REI ones 

8FB3AA85-3DD8-4AF8-BA88-BABDE6BC13F0.jpeg

  

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Hi @GmaV18hikes5 .  I second the recommendation for the Outdoor Research gaiters. You might also consider these OR Helium gaiters.  They're taller, lighter weight and may breath better than the Rocky Mountain low mentioned by @joshmblott .  They're waterproof, but they may not hold up as well against the brambles.  Then, if you are more concerned with the ants, there's also these OR Bugout gaiters, or these  , which are impregnated with permethrin to repel insects.

Choose wisely.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Thank you! your info is much appreciated.  

0 Likes

Thank you!

0 Likes