cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

First Time @ Yosemite

Hi all! Heading to a conference in California next month and I want to take a day to explore Yosemite.  I understand that it's a big park & it takes more than a day, but I'd love to get a hike or two in while I'm there.  I love hiking & I'm from Michigan, so they're tame hikes.  Outside of Michigan terrain, I've only ever experience a small mountain hike in AZ and NV.  

So I'd appreciate any tips on what to bring and where to go.  I'll be going solo, since none of my fellow conference-goers are interested--another thing to consider.  I understand that I'll have to be more aware of my abilities.  Tried to figure out if there was a group hike from the website, but I'm not finding any.  

Thank you so much! 

--
Silvia
0 Likes
13 Replies

Hi there! Thank you for that suggestion.  I'll have to keep it in mind when I'm back there.  My trip was last month.  🙂  I wish I had more time to explore L.A.! 

--
Silvia
0 Likes

@chip88angel Thank you so much for following up!

It looks like such an incredible place, I can't wait to go some day! Great photos!

John

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

You lucked out snow wise despite my dire predictions. I glad you took the opportunity to go.  It's a very special place.

0 Likes

I'm so glad it worked out so well @chip88angel!!! Your photos are so beautiful! Yosemite most certainly is a special place, I'm so happy you got to experience it yourself 😄 

Happy trails!

Rachel

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes