cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Finally got the wife and kiddos sortof into the backcountry last weekend

We all headed out to Long Creek Falls last weekend and had a blast.  They're not hooked yet but we're definitely moving in the right direction.

PXL_20210703_192618054.jpg

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
4 Replies

That's great @nathanu !  And a really nice pic of you and the fam!

Glad you are getting them indoctrinated into the great outdoors.  I started that way with my kids when they were younger, and it stuck.  Now, as each is officially an adult, they, and their respective significant others, join me on day hikes, bike rides, kayaking, car camping, and local land conservation efforts.

My daughter has also now embarked on bouldering, and is encouraging me to join her on those adventures.

This is a great start for you and your family, and I'd bet they end up loving it as much as you do, and continue the tradition with you!  

All the best!

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

@nathanu 

Good for you! What a great family photo! I'm actually taking my daughter on our first backpacking trip on Monday...wish us luck!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks for sharing @nathanu! What an awesome photo. I look forward to seeing the updates going forward as well. Glad y'all got out there this weekend! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

This is awesome, @nathanu. Car camping has been a great start for my family (kids are 5 & 2). I'm hoping to get my 5 year old son out on a backpacking trip soon.