cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Exploring a new trail

Hi, my first post. While advised not to hike alone, Emerald Canyon Trail was calling. At 75 I don’t have many friends that enjoy being on the trail for 3-4 hours. 
corona virus canceled my backpacking trip so local hikes are feeding me. Still using my Agnu boots, poles, day pack and REI hiking tights with pocket for my phone/camera for quick shots line when the road runner hopped in front of me. 
I started on Bend Trail. Mostly uphill, great ridge line views until I reached Bommer, then winded down Old Emerald until I was single tracking under oaks and sycamores over a dry creek bed. My reward. 
Rather than take Emerald Canyon I opted to hike uphill for a mile until I reached Bend again and back to my car. Poles were a must for dust covered sandstone descent. Slip and slide. Mountain bikers walking these on the uphill.  Overall great outing
Hikingdancer

0 Likes
7 Replies

@Hikingdancer Excellent! Great post! Any photos?

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes

• Yes. I’m a bit of a photo nerd. No wonder I don’t burn enough calories 😊

let’s see how do I go about adding photos

4D341AED-D197-4075-8790-F26F8C6AD6C7.jpeg

0 Likes

B58DD922-90F1-4C5B-953A-1C02EB610335.jpeg

0 Likes

651C39E2-EB52-4AE7-98E2-8CE7EDB5E0B0.jpeg

0 Likes

FF94BFB5-3355-43D5-8CFD-ECF75557417B.jpeg

0 Likes

@Hikingdancer Thanks for the post and welcome to the community!

If you'd like to upload some photos, click on the camera icon right above the text box of the post you are writing. That will walk you through the steps of adding a photo. You can find more detail about this process in our How To article 'How To: Upload an Image in the community'. Also, we encourage you to check out this thread, What is your go-to camera on the trail?, to join the conversation with some of our photo enthusiasts.

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes